Sat, 09 Sept|
Dalwallinu Recreation Centre
Lino Cut Printing
$65/person | Lino Cut Printing | 3 hour workshop
Time & Location
09 Sept, 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Dalwallinu Recreation Centre, Dalwallinu WA 6609, Australia
About the event
Have you got a drive to work with your hands but don’t want a huge outlay that each new hobby brings? Are you looking for something outside of the usual art selection? Lino Printing is a great creative outlet that allows you to make custom works that you can reproduce years into the future.
Lino Cut Printing is the art of carving channels into a smooth lino blank to create a stamp that can be as intricate or as bold as you choose. With a steady hand and smooth movements, you can turn a blank into a masterpiece with the right tools - tools that don't cost the earth! This workshop explores the basics of Lino Cut Printing, including what equipment you can use, key safety tips, carving and printing techniques and how to finish your work so you look like a pro!
This small group workshop is designed to stoke the joy of art making, and to learn the ins and outs of a medium that is not the usual contender.
- All workshop participants will get to create their own beautiful stamp and print to take home.
- All materials supplied, but please bring along a small inspiration image you’d like to work off. Otherwise you can use our portfolio of images to get your creative juices flowing!
- 3 hour workshop
- Max 10 people
- 18+ years only
- $65 per person
Salty Soul Creative Studio, run by Basia Lamb, is dedicated to experimentation and the rediscovering all of our creative abilities. Basia is a firm believer that the only thing that differentiates an Artist from the crowd is an innate will to create. She focuses on coaxing out those skills that we all have, reimagining the traditional rules and letting you loose to create unique, hand crafted work you’ll be proud of.
- All workshops are subject to numbers and have limitations to the number of participants, so we encourage you to get in early!
- All workshops are highly subsidised by the Dalwallinu Creative Arts to ensure our community children and adults have access to creative opportunities.
- Times are a guide only and will be confirmed closer to the date.
- Entry fee ($5) into the festival is not included in this workshop price.
+$1.63 service fee
+$1.63 service fee0