Sat, 09 Sept|
Dalwallinu Recreation Centre
Wood Burning (Pyrography)
$65/person | Wood Burning | 3 hour workshop
Time & Location
09 Sept 2023, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Dalwallinu Recreation Centre, Dalwallinu WA 6609, Australia
About the event
Have you got an itch that traditional art just can’t scratch anymore? Are you looking for something risky yet rewarding? Pyrography is a sure fire way to get your embers for making rekindled!
Pyrography is the art of burning wood. Generations before us would use red hot pokers stoked in a stove or fireplace to burn rough works, which would surely have led to a singed eyebrow or two. Luckily, todays tools are much more refined. This workshop explores the basics of pyrography, which includes what equipment you can use, how to choose a quality wood, key safety tips, different nibs and their uses, burning techniques and how to finish your work so your wood lasts!
This small group workshop is designed to stoke the joy of art making, and to learn the ins and outs of a medium that is not so traditional anymore!
- All workshop participants will get to create their own beautiful work of pyrography art, ready for display!
- All materials supplied, but please bring along an A4 inspiration image of something you’d like to try your hand at recreating. It could be a photo of your pet, a piece of text, a portrait of a family member - anything that brings you happiness!
- 3 hour workshop
- Max 10 people
- 18+ years only
- $65 per person
Salty Soul Creative Studio, run by Basia Lamb, is dedicated to experimentation and the rediscovering all of our creative abilities. Basia is a firm believer that the only thing that differentiates an Artist from the crowd is an innate will to create. She focuses on coaxing out those skills that we all have, reimagining the traditional rules and letting you loose to create unique, hand crafted work you’ll be proud of.
- All workshops are subject to numbers and have limitations to the number of participants, so we encourage you to get in early!
- All workshops are highly subsidised by the Dalwallinu Creative Arts to ensure our community children and adults have access to creative opportunities.
- Times are a guide only and will be confirmed closer to the date.
- Entry fee ($5) into the festival is not included in this workshop price.
1 Ticket$65.00+$1.63 service feeSale ended